RULES OF SENDING, REVIEWING AND PUBLICATION OF MANUSCRIPTS RECEIVED BY THE “ECONOMIC STRATEGIES” MAGAZINE
12 December 2005
(edition of 28 August 2015)
- Article, received by the editorial board of the “Economic Strategies” magazine, is assigned a registration number.
- The registered article undergoes the process of initial assessment in terms of manuscript’s compliance with formal and qualitative requirements, published on the magazine’s website in the section “Authors // Requirements for articles” (http://www.inesnet.ru/es_magazine/authors/trebovaniya-k-statyam-zhurnala-ekonomicheskie-strategii/).
In case of non-compliance with these requirements article is not accepted for consideration, which is referred to the author within 14 days from the date of the article’s receipt by the editors.
- The article that has passed initial assessment process, is sent for subject profile review to one of the members of the Scientific Editorial Board or to a member of the expert group.
The reviewer should be an acknowledged expert in the subject of peer-reviewed materials; should have publications on the subject of peer-reviewed article during the last 3 years.
- The review procedure is realized on a double blind basis, that is remains anonymous both for the reviewer and for the author.
- Not reviewed are:
- articles of Academicians and Corresponding Members of the Russian Academy of Sciences in case if Academician or Corresponding member is the only or the first author of the publication;
- articles which have passed presentation at the scientific, scientific-technical, scientific-methodological and methodical councils of research institutions and universities, and having a written decision of the Council with recommendation for publication.
- Reviewers are notified that the manuscript sent to them are the authors’ private property and are considered the information not subject to disclosure.
- Reviewer within 20 days makes a conclusion on the possibility of the article publication.
- The review should contain assessment of the novelty of the problem discussed in the article, its relevance and practical significance, the article’s conformity with modern achievements in the given field of science, compliance of the article’s content with its title, estimation of the form of material presentation; description of the article’s advantages and disadvantages and also expediency of the article publishing.
- As a result of reviewing the article may be rejected, sent to the author for revision or accepted for publication.
- upon receipt of a positive reviewer’s conclusion the article is placed in the editorial portfolio for further publication. The author is informed on the above by e-mail.
- upon revision the article is sent again to reviewers assessing how adequately their comments were taken into account and/or to what extent is argued the author’s refusal from certain corrections.
- upon receiving a negative opinion of the reviewer the article is considered at the Scientific-Editorial Board meeting, which takes a decision to reject the article or to receive additional review of an independent expert.
- in case the article is rejected the author is informed by notification letter signed by the deputy chief editor.
- The author of the paper under review is granted an opportunity to get acquainted with the text of the review.
- In case of disagreement with the reviewer’s opinion the author has the right to present a reasoned response to the magazine editors. The article can be sent for repeated review.
- The procedure of articles reviewing and approving takes not more than 45 days, then articles are published in order of sequence. The decision on special publication of the article is taken by editor in chief.
- Reviews are stored in the magazine for 5 years. Reviews copies are sent to the RF Ministry of Education and Science upon receipt of the corresponding request.
- Preparation of an article for publication consists in taking into account comments of reviewers, literary editing and bringing the text to the required editorial standards adopted in the magazine. Editorial changes are coordinated with the authors.
- Final decision on the date of the article publication is taken on a routine basis in the process of forming the structure and content of new issues and is approved by the chief editor.
- Editorial board assumes no responsibilities in respect of the publication terms.