Professor Emeritus of the University of Erlangen, having a PhD from the University of Granfild and the Moscow Energy Institute, member of the VDI-GEU Advisory Board, winner of the “Global Energy” 2005 prize, Klaus Riedle is a world leading specialist in the field of gas turbine power. Under his guidance were designed the latest generations of Siemens high-performance gas turbines.
Scientific activities of Klaus Riedle:
- the world’s leading specialist in the field of gas turbine power;
- participated in projects for developing “Westinghouse” systems W 501FD and W 501G, based on which in 1999 at the power plant in Florida (USA) the world’s largest 60 Hz 501G machine was launched;
- has developed the latest generations of Siemens high-performance gas turbines;
- introduced new materials and technologies into production, including single-crystal superalloys for the first rows of blades, cooling systems with a film layer and thermal insulation coatings for guiding blades and rotor blades of power gas turbines;
- created improved high-temperature, high power gas turbines of 8000H series