A strong determinant of modern economic growth from the standpoint of evolutionary economy are new combinations that are considered to be the main generator of technological and institutional changes. However, review and description of economic development on the basis of the principle of “creative destruction” is not satisfactory, since it does not take into account the effects of technologies combination with obtaining a new quality of the economic system in terms of its technological level, affecting the work of specific institutions. Taxonomic approach to describing economic and technological evolution becomes unconvincing, at least insufficient for forming well-founded variants of economic policy of growth and decision-making on managing technological changes. The examples show the influence of the “combinatorial buildup” principle within the observed technological changes, as well as the need to use this principle at the level of both theoretical description of the problem of economic growth and formation of a scientific-technological policy of growth for developed and developing countries.
- Shumpeter Y. Teoriya ekonomicheskogo razvitiya [Economic Development Theory]. Moscow, Eksmo, 2007.
- Peres K. Tekhnologicheskie revolyutsii i finansovyy capital [Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital]. Moscow, Delo, 2011.
- Sukharev O.S. Ekonomika budushchego: teoriya institutsional’nykh izmeneniy [Economics of the Future: The Theory of Institutional Changes]. Moscow, 2011.
- Men’shikov S.M., Klimenko L.A. Dlinnye volny v ekonomike [Long waves in the economy]. Moscow, Mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya, 1989.
- Ageev A.I. Silovaya ekonomika i smena mirovogo gegemona [Power Economy and Change of World Hegemon]. Strategicheskie prioritety, 2015, no 2 (6), pp. 24–48.
- Ageev A.I. Smena gegemona: voyna i ekonomika [Change of the Hegemon: War and Economics]. Moscow, INES, RUBIN, 2016, 184 p.
- Ageev A.I., Loginov E.L. Rossiya v novoy ekonomicheskoy real’nosti [Russia in the New Economic Reality]. Moscow, INES, Assotsiatsiya “Analitika”, 2016.
- Glaz’ev S.Yu. Uroki ocherednoy rossiyskoy revolyutsii: krakh liberal’noy utopii i shans na “ekonomicheskoe chudo” [Lessons of the recurrent Russian revolution: collapse of liberal utopia and the chance of an “economic miracle”]. Moscow, Izdatel’skiy dom “Ekonomicheskaya gazeta”, 2010.
- Sukharev O.S. Ekonomika tekhnologicheskogo razvitiya: printsipy, problemy, perspektivy [Economics of Technological Development: Principles, Problems, Prospects]. Ekonomicheskie strategii, 2017, no 6, pp. 82–101.